To register for the 2008 WPA Conference in Denver, Colorado, select one of the following options. These options will take you to a page that briefly describes the event and will allow you to add the registration for the event to "your cart." Once you have selected all of the items you would like to register for, you can then checkout. Note: If you must pay by check and therefore need a paper registration form to print and mail, please scroll down through the questions below to see directions and a link to a PDF registration form. ALSO, there are no refunds after June 28, 2008, alas, something that makes WPA feel hard-hearted; however, the no-refund cut-off date is due to unrefundable deposits that WPA must make to hotel by that time.
- Workshop $650 (includes 8 meals) [Workshop registration is full]
- Institutes $140 (includes lunch)
- Conference $295 (includes 6 meals and a social event; before June 20, $315 after)
- Conference, Graduate Students $150 (includes 6 meals and a social event)
- Workshop and Conference $900 [Workshop registration is full]
- Workshop and Institute $760
- Workshop and Institute: Multilingual Students in Writing Programs [Workshop registration is full]
- Workshop and Institute: Institute Research and Writing Programs [Workshop registration is full]
- Workshop, Institute, Conference $1000
- Conference, Workshop and Institute: Multilingual Students in Writing Programs [Workshop registration is full]
- Conference, Workshop and Institute: Institute Research and Writing Programs [Workshop registration is full]
How is my payment processed?
Payment is processed through PayPal. You do not have to have an account with PayPal to register and complete your payment, but you do need to have a user account at the WPA website, so be sure to sign in or create a new account if you need to. At the first PayPal checkout screen, you'll have a choice to pay with your PayPal account or use another credit card.
How will I know what I registered for?
On the WPA Council website, you can select My Account from the left menu, View Order History, and then Operations, View. It will tell you what you have signed up for. You can also print your receipt from there.
What happens if I want to change the events I registered for. Can I still get the combination discount? What happens if I have to cancel my registration?
Unfortunately, we cannot process a change in your registration via this website. However, if you contact David Blakesley, he may be able to help you.
Is there any way I can register by mail?
You can print out and complete the PDF of the registration form with a check made out to Council of Writing Program Administrators. Mail both to:
WPA Conference Registration
ATTN: Amy Kho, Writing Program
2150 E. Evans Ave., Penrose Library #202
Denver, CO 80208.
If I have more questions, who should I contact?
For questions regarding this website and your registration through this website, contact David Blakesley.
For questions about local conference arrangements and Denver, contact Douglas Hesse or Richard Colby.
For questions about submissions, the conference program, or WPA in general, contact Joseph Janangelo
for more information about the 2008 WPA Conference, visit http://www.du.edu/writing/documents/WPA_informational_brochure.pdf