The Council of Writing Program Administrators offers a national network of scholarship and support for leaders of college and university writing programs. Members include directors of freshman composition or undergraduate writing, WAC coordinators, writing center directors, department chairs, and so on. Graduate students and faculty with professional interests in writing program administration are cordially invited to join.
- Unrestricted access to information, resources, forums, newsletters, and journal archives at the Digital WPA website, including your own blog, and much more.
- A subscription to WPA: Writing Program Administration, a semi-annual refereed journal
- Invitations to the annual WPA Summer Workshops and Conferences
- Invitations to submit papers for sessions that WPA sponsors at MLA and CCCC
- Participation in the WPA Research Grants Program, which distributes several $1000 to $2000 awards
- Invitations to the annual WPA breakfast at CCCC and the annual WPA party at MLA
- Information about the WPA Consultant-Evaluator program
- Participation on WPA Committees and Task Forces