Rhetoric and Writing Studies. Assistant Professor. Full-time, tenure-track.
The English Department at Bowling Green State University seeks applicants for an Assistant Professorship in Rhetoric and Writing Studies. Candidates should have a record of scholarly interests aligned with the learning outcomes of BGSU’s Rhetoric & Writing PhD Program, available on the program website. Primary area of expertise digital rhetorics and writing. Secondary areas include, but are not limited to, the following: quantitative research methods, grant writing, public scholarship, online and hybrid pedagogy, or digital humanities. PhD in Rhetoric and Writing or related area (e.g., Writing Studies) required.
Application files must include:
- Letter of application outlining qualifications for this position that describes teaching and research interests
- Curriculum Vita
- Statement of contributions to diversity and inclusion in higher education
- Three letters of reference dated within the past year
- Writing sample of scholarly work – sample of writing up to 8000 words from dissertation or scholarly work either published or under submission
- Teaching Portfolio that includes a statement of teaching philosophy, a sample syllabus, and a minimum of one complete set of quantitative teaching evaluations
- Copy of transcript showing highest degree earned
See our website for information about the program in which the position is centered (http://www.bgsu.edu/arts-and-sciences/english.html). For a complete job description & instructions on how to apply for this position, visit http://bgsu.hiretouch.com/. Background check and official transcript showing highest degree earned required for employment. Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Veteran employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities regardless of age, gender identity, generic information, religion, or sexual orientation.
The expected starting date of employment is August 2019.
Application Deadline: Submitted by 11:59 pm EST, October 30, 2018