This position serves as the Department of Writing and Rhetoric’s front desk
liaison. They will assist the department chair, faculty, and staff with
department management tasks.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting the department chair and program directors with routine
• Performing general office management duties
• Maintaining a presence at the front desk between 8 am and 5 pm daily
• Greeting and assisting guests.
• Answering phone calls and emails and forwarding emails to others as
• Assisting with writing department highlights and serving on the College
of Arts and Humanities’ Communications Council.
• Communicate regularly with the department’s administrative services
coordinator and department chair to keep accurate departmental
records, and communicate regularly with faculty members regarding
required syllabi, book orders, and other requested materials.
This position requires strong collaborative skills to work closely with the
Program Assistant and Administrative Services Coordinator to further the
work of the department. They will move among a variety of daily and weekly
routine office tasks and effectively organize their work; and will keep the
department chair up to date on communications on behalf of the department.
Hours of work: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am
Type of Appointment: Negotiable
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 0+ years of relevant experience.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years of appropriate experience.
• Strong communication and customer service skills, excellent telephone
and email etiquette, and a positive and collaborative attitude.
In addition to the online application (https://www.jobswithucf.com/), please attach the following:
• Current resume
• Cover letter describing interest in the position and applicant’s
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and their eligible spouses in
accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming
preference are responsible for providing required documentation by the
closing date of the position. For more information on Veterans’ Preference,
please visit http://hr.ucf.edu/files/VeteransPreference.pdf
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all
qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with
disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at:
http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida
public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection
procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an