Writing Center/Library position at Hood Theological Seminary
Learning Commons Librarian
Hood Theological Seminary, Salisbury, NC
Hood Theological Seminary invites application for the full-time position of Learning Commons Librarian at the Hood Library.
Hood Theological Seminary seeks a full-time Learning Commons Librarian. The person in this position will work with the library director to create a new Learning Commons for the seminary, hire and train writing tutors, provide reference services for both research and technology issues, assist with circulation services, assist with cataloging, and other library related tasks.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
• An advanced degree in a related field (MLS, MA, MEd)
• Experience advising academic writing
• Experience with basic computer programs including Microsoft Office and integrated library systems
• Familiarity with trends in educational technology and libraries
• An academic background in religious studies (preferred)
• At least two years of experience in an academic library (preferred)
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience
To apply, please send a cover letter, a resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to
Hood Theological Seminary
1810 Lutheran Synod Drive
Salisbury, NC 28144
Applications received by June 25th will receive first consideration.