Faculty - Writing Centre Co-ordinator, - Goa India
The Writing Centre at Parvatibai Chowgule College of Arts and Science, Goa, India, is looking to take on board interns and faculty members for the academic year 2015-2016.
Based in the picturesque and charming state of Goa, India’s most sought after tourist destination, Parvatibai Chowgule College of Arts and Science is an Undergraduate Degree college offering courses in Arts and Science along with Master’s Degrees in Geography and Computer Science. The student population is around 1500. The Writing Centre at the college was started in 2007 with the assistance of The University of Ottawa, Canada. It currently operates a part of the Student Support Services Department of the College. The main areas of work include one to one sessions with students to develop academic writing.
As an intern /faculty member, your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the one to one student tutoring sessions at the Writing Centre
- Developing and structuring tutoring strategies based on your experience at your university’s writing lab/centre
- Working closely with faculty members of various departments in order to address the writing needs of departments
- Support and develop the College’s policy on general academic writing and education requirements
Ideal qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in English, Composition/Rhetoric (or related fields)
- Experience of working with Writing Centre, Writing programs at University/College
- Experience of working with students from the ESL background
- Commitment to teaching in a multicultural environment with students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
Ideal Contract period: 1 Academic Year
Salary: Best in the industry
Application Process: Please send applications with an updated resume and cover letter to
Co-ordinator – Student Support Services on the email address - email@example.com
Please include 2 letters of recommendations.
For more details, please see the website: http://192.168.1.5/chowgule/jsp/counseling/writing.jsp