Lecturer, Rhetoric and Professional Writing, Northern Arizona University
The English Department at Northern Arizona University seeks applicants for the position of lecturer in rhetoric and professional writing. The person is expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in rhetoric and professional writing and is expected to contribute to an innovative and highly visible department. Duties include teaching four courses per semester and undergraduate and graduate student advising. Additional professional development, research, and service expectations will be determined in consultation with the Chair of English. This is a non-tenure track, benefit-eligible lecturer position in the English Department, located at the Flagstaff campus. This position is renewable dependent on program needs, available funding, and effective performance.
- PhD in English, Rhetoric, Professional Writing or closely related field in hand by August 12, 2015
- 2 years experience teaching university-level courses in rhetoric and/or professional writing
- Evidence of successful teaching of rhetoric and/or professional writing at the college or university level
- Online course development and teaching experience
- A record of scholarship and publication in rhetoric and/or professional writing
- Nonacademic workplace writing experience or B.S./ M.S. in STEM discipline
- Expertise in rhetorical theory or genre theory
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse populations
Applications for this position will only be considered if they are submitted through NAU’s on-line application process. Please go visit http://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Careers/Faculty-and-Administrator-Openings/ and search for Job ID number 602104. The online application must include a single attachment containing: 1) Cover letter highlighting your particular qualifications for this position; 2) Curriculum vitae; 3) Evidence of teaching effectiveness. Include a summary of student evaluations and methods and materials for one particularly effective lesson you created; 4) Writing sample; 5) Names and contact information for three references. Save all items, in the order stated, as a single PDF or Word document and upload it as “Resume”.
The search committee will begin reviewing files on July 1, 2015. Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled or closed.
Northern Arizona University (26,000 students) is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of culturally diverse backgrounds. Applicants should be experienced with and dedicated to work in such a diverse population. NAU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution: minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. http://www.nau.edu