Nova Southeastern University (FL) - Full-Time Professor of Writing (Open Rank)
The Department of Writing and Communication welcomes candidates with a Ph.D. in Composition and Rhetoric (or related field) to apply for this full-time position which will begin fall 2016. ABDs are welcome to apply as long as degree will be in hand by July 2016. Those with a specialization in multimodal composition, digital media, and/or gaming are especially encouraged to apply. The faculty member will be expected to teach undergraduate classes in the composition program as well as graduate courses in rhetoric, writing, and digital media. The faculty member is expected to participate in our Writing Fellows program and work with writing tutors in their composition courses. The faculty member must be prepared to teach existing courses as well as to develop new courses that reflect his or her teaching, research, and service interests. Interests that address digital media and/or a commitment to diversity in higher education will be particularly noted. Additional areas of interest may include, but are not limited to: designing across multiple media devices, gaming, digital literacy, social media, and multimodal composition. NSU is located in sunny Fort Lauderdale, FL, and is a great place to be year round. The Department of Writing and Communication is an independent and highly energized department with exciting opportunities for faculty.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Teach eight undergraduate course sections per year in various formats as necessary (on-campus days, on-campus evenings, online, etc.). The faculty member must be prepared to teach existing courses as well as to develop new courses that reflect his or her teaching, research, and service interests.
2. Participate in curriculum or program development for our undergraduate and graduate degrees, as assigned.
3. Be accessible to students according to College guidelines; maintain regular office hours for working with students.
4. Serve and contribute to appropriate Department, College, and University committees.
5. Provide community service and participate in university, College, and Department functions that contribute to campus life. Participation at commencement, College and Department faculty meetings is mandatory.
6. Continue professional development activities. Faculty are expected to be active in their research and scholarship.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
To apply, please visit: https://www.nsujobs.com and use job position # 998653.