The Department of Culture and Communication at the California State University Maritime Academy invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track assistant professor of Rhetoric and Composition. Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Composition (or a closely related field with specialization in composition) is required by position start date in Fall 2016.
The successful candidate will teach writing at all undergraduate levels and assist in the development of our writing program. Other requirements include continuing engagement in relevant scholarship, participation in assessment and committee service and contributions to expanding academic and cultural programming for our growing student population. Candidates with demonstrated teaching experience in developmental composition and/or ELL/ESL strongly preferred. As a dynamic, globally-oriented, campus of the CSU, we offer opportunities for participation in student International Experience programs as well as teaching at Pacific Rim partner campuses.
• PhD in Rhetoric and Composition, or closely related field with specialization in composition.
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness in composition or rhetoric courses.
• Ability and interest in teaching courses within and beyond area of specialization in order to serve the General Education mission of our department.
• Ability to work collegially and collaboratively as a member of the faculty.
• Participation in regular course, program, and institutional assessment duties.
• Experience with curriculum development and assessment.
• Training and experience in developmental and ELL instruction.
• Training or experience in Writing Program development or administration.
• Experience working with first generation college students or students in STEM fields.
For more information about the California State University Maritime Academy, please visit our web page at http://www.csum.edu
Apply on-line by submitting the following to http://www.csum.edu/web/hr/fel
- Cal Maritime Employment Online Application (required)
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae with references
This position will remain open until filled. Applicants expecting to be considered at this time must have all materials arrive in the Human Resources Office by close of business day on January 15, 2016 to receive priority consideration for the position.