DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH AND FOREIGN LANGUAGES
Assistant Professor of Composition and Rhetoric
Centenary College in Hackettstown, New Jersey invites applicants for a fulltime, tenure-track position of Assistant Professor of Composition and Rhetoric in the Department of English and Foreign Languages. Teaching load is 3/3 (12 credits per semester in a 4 credit system); this position commences Fall 2016.
- Teaching writing courses in the college’s undergraduate writing sequence
- Teaching lower and upper-level writing courses in the college’s Professional Writing program
- Assisting the Director of Composition with planning and review of current programs
- Maintaining an active publication record
- Serving on departmental and campus-wide committees
Required Qualifications Include
- PhD in Composition and Rhetoric or related field
- Experience teaching first-year composition and Business/Professional/Technical Writing
- A record of successful college or university teaching
- An active scholarly agenda
Additional Desired Qualifications Include
- Experience with and commitment to teaching in a small-school environment
- Active engagement with digital media/technology/multimodal composition
- Experience with and/or interest in Writing in the Disciplines
Procedure for Application
To apply: a cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy, current resume and contact information of 3 references who can comment on the applicant's ability to fulfill the duties of such a position, by January 5, 2016. Letters of recommendation and a teaching portfolio will be requested after the screening of initial applicants.
Local & regional candidates are encouraged to apply since travel & relocation expense provisions are not available for this position.
Resumes may be forwarded to:
Centenary College Human Resources Department
Centenary College, 400 Jefferson Street, Hackettstown, NJ 07840
Centenary College Is an Equal Opportunity Employer