Professor of English
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career/professional programs. Indiana Tech enrolls approximately 1,500 students in its traditional programs on its main campus and over 8,000 students in Professional Studies programs at 15 regional locations and online. Indiana Tech’s picturesque main campus is located on 45 acres near downtown Fort Wayne. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The College of General Studies at Indiana Tech is seeking to fill a tenure-track assistant/associate professor faculty position in English composition. This is a 9 month annually renewable position beginning Fall 2018. A Spring 2018 start may be available.
- Teaching 4 day courses each semester
- Holding 18 office hours per week
- Advising students and fostering relationships with students both in and out of the classroom
- Participating in program assessment
- Fulfilling service and professional development requirements as outlined in the tenure process
- Ph.D. in Rhetoric & Composition, English, or a related field. Master’s degree considered for non-tenure track position.
- Experience teaching students who have difficulty with college level reading and writing preferred.
- Candidates with a student-centered focus and a strong interest in working with first-year and first-generation students will be viewed favorably.
Qualified candidates should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching and advising and working collegially and collaboratively in a multicultural environment that embraces diversity. A strong commitment to higher education, in general, is expected.
Applicants should demonstrate a capacity for high quality teaching, evidenced by teaching evaluations, if available. Applicants should be able to use technology effectively in all aspects of their work, including teaching.