Assistant/Associate Professor of Developmental Composition
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career/professional programs. Indiana Tech enrolls approximately 1,600 students in its traditional programs on its main campus and over 8,500 students in programs at 15 regional locations and online. Indiana Tech’s picturesque main campus is located on 45 acres near downtown Fort Wayne. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The College of General Studies at Indiana Tech is seeking to fill an assistant or associate professor position in our developmental composition program beginning Fall 2018. Teaching responsibilities may include ESP courses as needed. This is a 9 month annually renewable position.
- Teaching 4 courses per semester, including courses in Intensive English as needed
- Advising students and fostering relationships with students both in and out of the classroom
- Participating in program assessment
- Fulfilling service and professional development requirements as outlined in the tenure process
- Master’s degree in Rhetoric and Composition, Writing, Literacy, or related field, Ph.D. preferred
- TESOL certification or willingness to obtain required
- Have a student-centered focus and a strong interest in working with international students
Qualified candidates should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching and advising and working collegially and collaboratively in a multicultural environment that embraces diversity. A strong commitment to higher education, in general, is expected.