Assessment Specialist I, Verbal and Writing Skills Assessments
ETS is the world’s premier educational measurement institution and a leader in educational research. As an innovator in developing achievement and occupational tests for clients in business, education, and government, we are determined to advance educational excellence in the communities we serve.
The available position primarily involves developing assessments of writing and reading skills at the college and graduate school levels. The role of the Assessment Specialist may include:
• Writing, reviewing, and assembling test materials for college-admission and graduate-level assessments of writing and reading skills (e.g., SAT Critical Reading or Writing; GRE Verbal or Analytical Writing)
• Learning and applying psychometric principles to the creation and management of assessments
• Providing scoring expertise for constructed-response assessments and working with the faculty readers who score the essay responses
• Helping to plan and direct test-development projects
• Working with academic committees and corporate clients
• Collaborating with researchers and helping to create new assessments
• Graduate degree in the humanities or in a related academic field
• Professional experience in college-level teaching, in writing, in editing, and/or in developing assessments
• Highly sophisticated writing and editing skills
• Detailed knowledge about the technical aspects of composition, including the principles of syntax, grammar, usage, and mechanics
• Ability to analyze texts with precision, acuity, and subtlety
• Experience in using basic software applications and Internet searches
• Experience in teaching and assessing composition at the college level, including holistic scoring
ETS offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and an ideal environment for professional growth. Please send your CV and cover letter, specifying position # 40327, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that we are unable to respond to every resume received. Only those applicants selected for further inquiry will be contacted. Those who have applied in the last six months do not need to reapply. We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action in the workplace. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.