The full post listing for this position is at this link (including how to apply).
RECRUITMENT PERIODOpen date: May 28th, 2018 Next review date: June 28th, 2018
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee. Final date: July 20th, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Associate Director of CITRAL is a full-time administrative appointment that reports to the Director of CITRAL. The Associate Director is responsible for day-to-day oversight of CITRAL projects aligned with the Center’s strategic priorities: Supporting learning at scale; fostering information literacy; developing strategies for 21st century communication; and fostering and undertaking engaged assessment of teaching and learning. The Associate Director works closely with the Director of CITRAL to develop a framework and strategy for undertaking specific projects, and for assessing the Center’s efforts and making changes to them based on analysis of data. The candidate will be expected to begin employment in summer 2018.
The primary Associate Director areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
Project Coordination and Management:
Under general supervision from the Director of CITRAL, the AD:
• Helps to develop a strategic framework for the Center and collaborates with other CITRAL collaborators (eg, UCSB library; Undergraduate Research) to coordinate priorities
• Ensures that daily management of Center initiatives is in place
• Contributes to day-to-day oversight of CITRAL’s pedagogical and technology initiatives and data analysis
• Oversees day-to-day implementation of CITRAL initiatives
• Supervises some graduate and undergraduate students working on specific CITRAL initiatives
• In collaboration with the director, develops evaluation and assessment methods and protocols for CITRAL activities
• Assists with development and leadership of CITRAL-associated workshops
Campus and Public Relations:
The Associate Director is works with the Director to ensure development and maintenance of strong working relationships with, among other units, office of undergraduate education, the UCSB Library, Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities, institutional research and planning, instructional development, as well as other academic preparation and outreach programs.
• Completion of all requirements for a Ph.D. except the dissertation (ABD status) in relevant field, at the time of application.
• Completion of Ph.D expected by the end of academic year 2018/19
• Knowledge of research on learning and teaching
• Experience gathering and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to understand teaching and learning
• Experience developing and maintaining learning technologies
• Understanding of and experience with educational and programmatic assessment
• Experience supervising teams of undergraduate and graduate students
• Experience with technologies used to support innovative teaching and learning
• Knowledge of statistics and statistical analysis packages
• Broad knowledge of university divisions, offices, and departments, and university personnel and procedures appropriate to a varied range of activities and coordination.
• Experience working with underrepresented minority and/or underserved populations.
• Research-based knowledge of learning strategies and best practices related to student success;
• Experience in program development, project management and employee supervision;
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including excellent interpersonal communication, written reports and correspondence, and presentations for large and small audiences.
• Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects at different levels
For primary consideration, submit completed application including cover letter, updated CV, statement of teaching philosophy, and three names of recommenders by June 28, 2018. Position will be open until filled.
The department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and service.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
JOB LOCATIONSanta Barbara, CA
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service. (Optional)
REFERENCES3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Apply nowto Associate Director, Center for Innovative Teaching, Research, and Learning