Submitting Your Proposal to WPA 2009
Proposal Submission Directions: Read the following directions and use the link at the end of this text to submit your proposal for WPA 2009 in Minneapolis, July 16-19.
Final proposals are due no later than May 1. Submit by March 23 for expedited review (see below for more information.)
I don't need the directions: Skip right to the Submission Form
Preparing Your Submission
Before you begin, please review the Call for Proposals and other information available at the main conference website. Sample proposals for an individual presentation and a panel presentation are also provided so that you know what information to gather.
Specifically, each proposal submission requires a
- Title for the proposal
- 50-word abstract
- Proposal description (300 words for individual or poster presentations; 500 words for panels, forums, or roundtables).
- Names, presentation title (for proposals involving more than one person), affiliations, and email address of all presenters
- Essential equipment needs. Important!: Please only request equpment which is absolutely essential for your presentation. Computers, digital projectors, DVD players, and other technology are extremely expensive. You may request one piece of equipment (e.g., digital projector, overhead, etc.) and conference organizers will attempt to secure it for your session, but they can make no guarantees. Due to high costs, Internet access cannot be provided.
- Decision as to whether to publish your abstract. Following proposal reviews, the title, abstract, and list of participants will be published to the WPA website. You must opt-in to have your abstract published.
Completing the Submission Form
- Befor you can access the submission form, you must login to the WPA website (or create an account if you do not have one already).
- As you fill in the form, read the directions for each submission form input field which is provided above and beneath the input field and, in some cases, in the input field box itself.
- The simplest way to to add your abstract and proposal information would be to cut-and-paste it directly from your word processor. Use simple formatting as you would with plain text email (e.g., line breaks instead of indents for paragraph delineation, aestericks or hyphens for bullets). Advanced: HTML coders may submit their proposal information formatted with HTML by changing the "Input Format" beneath each form field to "Full HTML."
- Once you have entered all the requested information, click on "Preview." You'll then see a preview page of what you have submitted. You can make additional changes at this screen and "Preview" again or click on "Submit" to send your proposal. You will then receive a short message saying that your proposal has been created.
What to Expect after Submission
Once submitted, your proposal is stored at wpacouncil.org and will be ready for program reviewers. You will not be able to access or edit your proposal during revision.
Within a few days, the person who submitted the proposal will receive an acknowledgment. If the proposal is accepted, only the submitter will be contacted (the submitter is responsible for contacting any other panel participants).
Final proposals are due no later than May 1. Proposals submitted by March 23 will receive expedited review. Proposals submitted after that date will be reviewed on a rolling basis up until May 1, or until the program is full.
Once proposal reviews are complete after May 1, submitters who chose the option to publish their abstract on the WPA website will have an opportunity to refine their abstract and title before it is published. Final revisions must be submitted by May 15.
- For assistance with submitting this form and other WPA website technology, contact Charlie Lowe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all other conference-related issues, contact Linda Adler-Kassner: Linda.Adler-Kassner@emich.edu
Ready for the Submission Form?
Make certain you are logged in to the WPA website.