Full-Time, Tenure-Track English Composition Faculty at Green River College in Washington State
The English Division of Green River College, a community college in western Washington State, seeks candidates who are passionate about teaching and learning and committed to the mission of community colleges for a full-time tenure-track position to teach college composition and research writing, along with occasional literature courses when available. Candidates should bring experience and expertise that is especially suited to enhancing the success of under-represented and marginalized student populations.
Position responsibilities include the following:
- Teach transfer-level writing courses that integrate the expectations of academic reading and writing with the literacies and modalities with which today's diverse students have familiarity and expertise.
- Collaborate to design transfer-level writing, literature, and related curricula.
- Work across the institution to support inclusive pedagogy, professional development, community outreach, and coordinated services to enhance student success.
- Collaborate with the Writing and Reading Center and Transitional Studies (ABE/ESOL) among other support services and programs that affect student access to, and success within, English courses.
- Advise students, serve on committees, and perform other duties as outlined in the negotiated collective bargaining agreement.
For more information, please visit this link: English Composition: Full-Time, Tenure-Track Faculty Position