Visiting Assistant Professor of English @UC Blue Ash
The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College seeks applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor of English to teach in the area of composition and developmental writing for 2019-2020 academic year. This is a one-year position with the opportunity for a second year renewal.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Teaching four courses per semester in the writing sequence, including developmental writing
- Office hours to meet with students as needed
- Also encouraged: participation in program assessment; department service; professional development; and professional and scholarly activities.
- A Doctorate in English, Rhetoric and Composition, or a closely related field. ABD candidates may be considered, but a doctorate is required prior to effective date of appointment.
- Experience of at least three academic years teaching college-level writing, to include developmental writing courses or alternatively, pedagogical training (minimum of one course) in developmental writing, or publication on developmental writing. A PhD Dissertation on developmental writing may count as a publication.
Located in Blue Ash, Ohio, a northeast suburb of Cincinnati, UC Blue Ash College is the largest regional college in Ohio offering primarily associate degrees, with an enrollment of approximately 5100 students. Our students reflect the diversity of the surrounding area with 21% Black or African American, 5% Hispanic or Latino, 4% Asian and 8% registered with Accessibility Resources. Our college is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all students, faculty, and staff. The English & Communication Department is actively engaged in promoting equity and inclusion in composition courses.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Apply for this position online at http://bit.ly/2T6rho6 Req # 36228 by submitting: 1) a cover letter that directly addresses experience teaching writing, including developmental writing, at the college level, (describe training in developmental writing acquired through academic coursework or research if have not taught developmental writing); 2) a curriculum vitae, 3) experience working with diverse student populations and/or in an open admissions college environment, if applicable; and 4) a list of at least three professional references with contact information. Short-listed candidates will be asked to provide letters of recommendation.
Position will remain open until filled.
For further information, please contact Dr. Sue Sipple, Chair, English & Communication: email@example.com, (513) 936-7127
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement. As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.