WPA 2010 begins just about 10 days from now! If you’re joining over 325 of our fabulous, engaging, interesting, and lively colleagues in Philadelphia at the Society Hill Sheraton, you’re in for a fabulous conference.
“Linda,” you might ask, “what makes you say so?”
So glad you’ve asked!
WPA 2010 will be our largest conference ever, which means more of our fabulous colleagues in one location. In addition, you’ll find:
- Lively, engaging sessions of various kinds with time for discussion in each session, including:
- CWPA mentoring project sessions where you can learn from and make connections with others
- Pedagogy sessions where you can hear about innovative approaches to writing instruction
- Assessment and research sessions, where you’ll learn about cutting-edge, RAD research
- Leadership, labor, and program direction sessions that focus on working with others inside and outside of our programs
- Community collaboration and connection sessions where you’ll learn about efforts to connect with those outside of our campuses
- Well-being and creativity sessions, including CWPA’s first-ever yoga session (7-8am Saturday! Be there!), featuring hands-on activities and discussions to help you maintain a healthy balance
- Promoting the message sessions focusing on strategies to share your ideas and our work
Those of you who remember WPA Directions, CWPA’s effort to gather input on the organization’s future directions, will be happy to learn that it will be back, bigger and better than ever! Look for postcards… and if you’re not familiar with WPA Directions and are attending the conference, not to worry – you will be soon enough.
Outside of sessions there will be ample opportunity to schmooze and socialize with friends new and old. In addition to the WPA outing on Saturday evening – a trip to the Independence Seaport Museum, just steps away from the hotel – the conference will also feature a reunion event of the Composition Blues Band (Friday night! 8:30 pm, Ballroom BCD! Be there!). The Sheraton Society Hill also has a terrific lobby with lots of seating for conversation, as well as outdoor gathering areas.
All in all, it’s going to be a great event… and we hope to see you there! Watch this space for news from the event!