Instructions for Submitting Your Proposal to CWPA 2012
CWPA is no longer taking proposal submissions for the WPA 2012 Conference.
I don't need the directions: Scroll to the bottom of these instructions for the link to the submission form.
Preparing Your Submission
Before you begin preparing your submission, please review the Call for Proposals.
Specifically, each proposal submission requires a
- Title for the proposal
- 50-word abstract (abstracts of accepted proposals will be published on the CWPA website).
- Proposal description (150 words for individual presentations; 300 words for full panels).
- Names, presentation title (for proposals involving more than one person), affiliations, and email address of all presenters
- Equipment needs. If you need a digital projector for your presentation, please indicate so in the proposal form. Internet access will be available; however, not all rooms will have digital projectors.
Completing the Submission Form
- Before you can access the submission form, you must login to the WPA website (or create an account if you do not have one already).
- As you fill in the form, read the directions for each submission form input field which is provided above and beneath the input field and, in some cases, in the input field box itself.
- The simplest way to to add your abstract and proposal information would be to cut-and-paste it directly from your word processor. Use simple formatting as you would with plain text email (e.g., line breaks instead of indents for paragraph delineation, aestericks or hyphens for bullets).
- Once you have entered all the requested information, click on "Preview." You'll then see a preview page of what you have submitted. You can make additional changes at this screen and "Preview" again.
- IMPORTANT! You must click on "Save" to submit your proposal. You should receive an email confirmation from the website shortly after submission.
What to Expect after Submission
Once submitted, your proposal is stored at wpacouncil.org and will be ready for program reviewers. You will not be able to access or edit your proposal during review once it has been submitted.
The website will automatically notify you by email once your proposal has been submitted on the site. If the proposal is accepted, only the submitter will be contacted (the submitter is responsible for contacting any other panel participants).
Final proposals are due no later than Tuesday, May 1. Submit by Friday, March 30 for expedited review.
- For assistance with submitting this form and other WPA website technology, contact Charlie Lowe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all other conference-related issues, contact Duane Roen at email@example.com.
Ready for the Submission Form?
Make certain you are logged in to the WPA website, and then click Create WPA 2012 Summer Conference | Presenter Proposal Form.