The High Mountain Affiliate of the CWPA invites writing teachers to a weekend of writing, collaborative workshopping, and reflecting. (With Hot Springs!)
Writing teachers know the value, and scarcity, of time for writing, opportunities for collaboration to push our thinking, and space for reflecting on works in progress. Moreover, we recognize how our writing lives are enmeshed in our teaching lives; our own writing practices inform and are informed by our teaching.
This retreat brings writing teachers together to:
- Workshop our writing (we’ll workshop pieces up to 30 pages in length, shared and read three weeks in advance)
- Use planned time to write
- Learn how to use, and teach, Eli Peer Review to workshop documents. http://bedfordstmartins.com/catalog/static/bsm/PDF/Eli/Eli_Flyer_Fall2012.pdf
We have two goals:
- For each participant to arrive with a work in progress, receive feedback, and write more.
- For each participant to take away ideas for renewing their teaching, especially with collaboration in electronic and face-to-face environments.
Retreat Registration - Postmark Deadline Oct. 4
$30 - Non-tenure-track faculty, TAs, and primary/secondary teachers
$50 - Tenure-track faculty and administrators
To register, make a check for the appropriate amount to "University of Montana Western" and mail it, along with your e-mail address, to
University of Montana Western,
710 S. Atlantic St.,
Dillon, MT 59725.
Receipt of your check will be confirmed with an e-mail including a tentative schedule of events.
Room Registration - Fairmont Hot Springs
Book your room at Fairmont Hot Springs (http://www.fairmontmontana.com/Home) by calling 800-332-3272. Receive the retreat room rate of $104/night (double occupancy) by identifying yourself with the High Mountain Affiliate of the Writing Program Administrators Writers’ Retreat.
Grateful thanks to our event sponsor, Bedford/St. Martin's, and our co-hosts, Montana State University and the University of Montana-Western.