Call for Nominations: 2011-2012 CWPA Best Book Award
Please circulate widely!
The Council of Writing Program Administrators seeks nominations for its Best Book Award for 2011-2012. This award recognizes books whose authors or editors have made an outstanding contribution to the field of writing program administration over the past two calendar years.
1. Has a copyright date of 2011 or 2012.
2. Addresses an issue that is related to scholarship of WPA work (including but not limited to assessment, writing center administration, professional development, curricular design, labor issues, etc).
3. Builds on or extends previous scholarship relevant to WPA work and/or addresses a notable gap in the scholarship of WPA work.
4. Makes a significant, meaningful, and/or innovative contribution to scholarship of writing program administration.
5. Makes the contribution accessible to appropriate audiences.
6. Is appropriate for the broad range of contexts in which WPA work takes place.
1. Send a letter of nomination (paper or email attachment) to Elizabeth Vander Lei by November 8, 2013. Contact information appears below.
2. We are glad to accept nominations from authors themselves as well as faculty, staff, graduate students, and publishers.
3. In their letters, nominators should explain how the book meets the award requirements stated above, particularly focusing on the WPA-related issue they believe that the book addresses, the gap in the scholarship of WPA work that the book takes up, and the significance of the book’s contribution to writing program administrators. Nominations not accompanied by letters that address these questions may be disqualified from consideration.
All nominations must be received by Friday, November 8, 2013.
Members of the Best Book Award Committee are Jacob Babb (Indiana University Southeast), Linda Bergmann (Purdue University), Doug Downs (Montana State University), Jessie L. Moore (Elon University), Amy Rupiper Taggart (North Dakota State University), Heather Ostman (Westchester Community College), and Elizabeth Vander Lei (Calvin College).
Any questions? Contact Elizabeth Vander Lei (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Elizabeth Vander Lei
Chair, CWPA Book Award Committee
1795 Knollcrest Circle SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546-4404