Lecturer of English Composition--Nevada State College
Nevada State College invites applications for a full-time Lecturer in English Composition.
- 3/3 load in the English Core Curriculum consisting of ENG 100, ENG 101, & ENG 102, and possible future courses in Writing and Communications pedagogies.
- Collaborate with Writing Center Director and colleagues to support writing across the curriculum, and to encourage and sustain a culture of writing.
Experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: working with underrepresented, first generation, or nontraditional college students; working with writing across the curriculum; working with undergraduate peer tutors; using writing about writing pedagogies; teaching composition online; teaching multimedia composition; teaching public speaking; faculty development.
Review of applications will begin October 1. This 9 month position begins Spring 2015; we will consider strong candidates who cannot start until Fall 2015.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Master’s Degree in Rhetoric and Composition or in a related field.
- Demonstrated excellence in post-secondary composition instruction.
- Terminal degree in Rhetoric and Composition or a related field (MFA, Ph.D.); training in composition pedagogy if degree in related field.
- Training or experience in Writing Center work.
EXCELLENCE FOSTERS OPPORTUNITY:
Having celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2012, Nevada State College is the first and only four year institution in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE). NSC places a special emphasis on the advancement of a diverse and largely under-served student population. Located on a developing 500-acre campus in the foothills of Henderson, Nevada, NSC emphasizes high-quality instruction, exemplary service, engaging learning experiences and innovation as a means to more efficient, effective outcomes in all corners of the campus. Enrollment has grown from 176 students in 2002 to nearly 3500 students in FY2013.
We are seeking committed individuals, who care deeply about higher education and student service, to work alongside dedicated executives, staff and faculty in a highly collegial environment. Our staff members enjoy the rare opportunity to shape the college as it continues to grow into a cornerstone of higher education in Nevada.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Nevada State College offers excellent benefits, including 13.25% retirement match, beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and two health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts.
Quicklink to the position: http://www.nscjobs.com:80/postings/1682