Tenure-track Instructor positions
INSTRUCTOR OF COMPOSITION (tenure-track)
Department of English and Communications
Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville TN
POSITION: Full-time, academic year (nine-month), entry-level, tenure-track instructor position to begin August 1, 2007. One or two positions available.
QUALIFICATIONS: MA in English (or Masterâ€™s degree in related field with 18 semester graduate hours in English). Must have graduate coursework in rhetoric/composition. Must have recent experience teaching college-level composition effectively. Preferred: successful experience using computer-assisted instruction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Teaching twelve hours (four sectionsâ€”a majority in first-year composition) or their equivalent each semester, engaging in university service, and engaging in scholarly activities.
SALARY: Nationally competitive for entry-level instructor.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applicants must submit the following materials to be considered:
1. Letter of application including description of interest and qualifications;
2. Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official transcripts required if hired);
3. Curriculum vita;
4. Completed Tennessee Technological University faculty application form (http://www.tntech.edu/hr/Employment/home.htm);
5. Three letters of recommendation written no earlier than 2003;
6. Samples of recent teaching material: one syllabus, a description of one writing project, one written response to a studentâ€™s draft; and
7. Student evaluations from one recent semesterâ€™s teaching.
Submit all materials to: Instructor Search Committee Chair, Department of English and Communications, Box 5053, Tennessee Tech University, Cookeville, TN 38505. Inquiries: Dr. Tony Baker (email@example.com or 931-372-3909).
APPLICATION SCREENING DATE: Initial screening of applications will begin on January 16, 2007; open until filled.
Tennessee Technological University is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.