Director of Writing @ SEU
I am delighted to announce an opening for Director of Writing at Southeastern University, a religious school in central Florida. Please see the job ad below and pass it on to anyone you think may be interested.
We have a remarkably healthy English department. We get along, work together well, and like one another. While most of us have degrees in literature, we all teach writing, value that work, and respect writing studies. Additionally, we are a teaching- and service-oriented school where administrative and programmatic work are respected in the rank promotion process. This will really be an ideal position for someone.
I'm happy to answer questions about the school or position.
POSITION TITLE: Director of Writing
CLASSIFCATION: Full – Faculty
REPORTS TO: Chair
DEPT: English and Foreign Languages
The Department of English and Foreign Languages invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of English. Candidates possessing a terminal degree in writing studies, rhetoric and composition, or a related field, with experience administrating a writing program are preferred. We seek a teacher-scholar with expertise in writing studies to help us implement our shared departmental and university vision for undergraduate writing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(other duties may be assigned)
• Leading the DEFL in revising FYW curriculum
• Leading the DEFL in implementing meaningful but sustainable program assessment
• Serving as “point person” for adjunct faculty teaching FYW (note: this includes reviewing course syllabi and making classroom observations; it does not include hiring, scheduling, or budgeting responsibilities)
• Chairing the Writing Across the Curriculum Committee and coordinating the Writing Intensive Initiative
• Teaching six hours per semester, advising students, and supporting the overall work of the DEFL.
• terminal degree in writing studies, rhetoric and composition, or a related field
• experience administering a writing program
• M.A. in English with an emphasis in Composition studies
Applicants should send a completed employment application along with cover letter with vita/resume to:
Southeastern University is a Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Assemblies of God. Candidates must be compatible with the institution’s Christian mission and purpose. Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.https://www.seu.edu/employment/open-positions/