Associate Director, Communication Across the Curriculum at UNC Charlotte
Communication Across the Curriculum (CxC) Program
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte invites applications for a new Associate Director position at our established Communication Across the Curriculum (CxC) program. The CxC program, entering its sixth year, is a university-wide initiative to collaborate with faculty at the department level to build a communication-enhanced curriculum focused on the teaching and learning of writing and speaking. This is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible, administrative, salaried position reporting to the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong experience and expertise in supporting effective communication (writing and speaking) across the curriculum, the ability to engage with faculty across disciplines in discussions of communication pedagogy, and be capable of leading and motivating a group of student peer communication consultants.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Supervising and facilitating the disciplinary communication consultant program (student peer tutors) that includes maintaining and continuously developing a dynamic training program, communicating effectively with students and faculty, and managing the application and interview process;
- Planning and promoting workshops and discussions on communication pedagogy for faculty and students;
- Staying current on pedagogical research and innovations related to communication across the curriculum;
- Collaborating with the Executive Director on strategic planning, program evaluation, and other projects related to program development
- A Master’s degree or PhD in a writing or communication related field;
- Demonstrated success in working with faculty from multiple disciplines;
- Experience with writing across the curriculum/communication across the curriculum initiatives
- Administrative experience in a higher education setting
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications accepted online at https://jobs.uncc.edu/. Inquiries may be sent to Stephanie Norander, Ph.D., email@example.com.
UNC Charlotte is North Carolina's urban research university and has an enrollment of approximately 28,000 undergraduate and graduate students. UNC Charlotte is located in the state's largest metropolitan area and is among the fastest growing universities in the UNC system. Charlotte is ranked by numerous publications as one the best places to live in the U.S. and over a million people reside within Charlotte’s borders, approximately 2 million within the metro area, and 7 million within a 100-mile radius. Charlotte is home to 292 of the top Fortune 500 companies and more than 340 foreign firms. Financial experts know Charlotte as the nation’s second largest banking center.