Associate Director for Writing in the Disciplines, Boston University, College of Arts & Sciences
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR FOR WRITING IN THE DISCIPLINES, BOSTON UNIVERSITY, College of Arts and Sciences
Tracking Code: 9654/I0716
The College of Arts & Sciences Writing Program at Boston University seeks an Associate Director for Writing in the Disciplines (WID) to lead a new WID initiative for Boston University, to begin July 1, 2017. The Associate Director for WID will also hold a non-tenure track faculty appointment as Professor or Associate Professor of the Practice in English or another appropriate department.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Developing an institutional strategy for supporting WID at BU
• Advising other academic units on undergraduate writing and communication
• Organizing and leading professional development events for faculty
• Collaborating with other relevant units, such as the Educational Resource Center and Center for Teaching and Learning, to support faculty professional development and undergraduate education
• Contributing as appropriate to the administration of the Writing Program
• Pursuing an independent research agenda in writing/communication studies
• Teaching three classes (or equivalent) per academic year
Initial multi-year term appointment with the possibility of renewal for additional multi-year terms. PhD or significant record of scholarly activity and professional success in writing studies, communication studies, or another relevant field required.
The Writing Program is an independent instructional unit of the College of Arts & Sciences with over fifty full-time Lecturers and three directors. Additional information about the program is available at www.bu.edu/writingprogram.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, and names of three potential recommenders, to Professor Christopher Walsh, Interim Director, College of Arts & Sciences Writing Program. Email applications (Word and PDF attachments only) are preferred and may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Applications received by November 15, 2016 will receive first consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location: Boston , Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary: Based on experience