Faculty Associate- Arizona State University- Global Freshman Academy
Faculty Associate English (Global Freshman Academy)
The Global Freshman Academy faculty in the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts at the Tempe campus of Arizona State University invites applications to create a pool of Faculty Associates for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The successful candidate(s) will engage and instruct students in the groundbreaking online Global Freshman Academy, work collaboratively with Instructors and the ENG 101 or ENG 102 instructional teams, prepare course materials, evaluate student work, and facilitate discussions.
Faculty Associate positions are one semester, non‐benefits‐eligible, fixed‐term appointments with no tenure implications, not to exceed .40 FTE. The number of courses is contingent upon unit needs, funding and sufficient enrollment. Salary is based upon qualifications and assigned teaching load.
• Master’s Degree, in Rhetoric and Composition or related field, at time of appointment
• Post-secondary experience teaching first-year composition courses
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness; experience using technology to teach composition courses
• Terminal Degree in Rhetoric and Composition or related field • Experience teaching multimodal composition
• Experience teaching developmental composition
• Experience teaching English as a Second Language (ESL)
To apply, visit https://cisa.asu.edu/jobs and upload your application as one combined .pdf document under job number 11936.
Only electronic submissions will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications Must Contain:
1. A letter of application addressing required and desired qualifications
2. Current curriculum vitae
3. One-page statement of teaching philosophy
4. Evidence of teaching effectiveness
5. Unofficial graduate transcripts
6. Information for three professional references (their position, title, e-mail, phone number)
The application deadline is Friday, 4/14/2017 at 5pm; then every Friday thereafter based on the needs of the academic unit, and as needed for each semester period. A background check is required prior to employment.
If you have position questions, please contact Jamie Merriman-Pacton at Jamie.Merriman-Pacton@asu.edu.
For technical questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU's complete non-discrimination statement at https://asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html; see ASU’s Title IX policy at https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/)
General Information: Arizona State University is a comprehensive public research university named #1 in the United States for innovation for the second consecutive year, followed by #2 Stanford and #3 MIT. We measure our success not by whom we exclude, but rather by whom we include and how they succeed; advancing research and discovery of public value; and assuming fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities we serve. ASU’s College of Integrative Sciences and Arts is home to innovative teachers who are guided by educational access, student success, applied learning, and interdisciplinary inquiry. We understand there are many paths to achieving a university education, and we build undergraduate and graduate degree programs and pathways that are flexible and relevant for a rapidly changing world.