Hello, WPA Members:
We're pleased to announce that Digital WPA, the new website for the Council of Writing Program Administrators, is now online and ready for you to use. As you'll see, the site offers a wide variety of content--including position statements, journal archives, announcements, the Network for Media Action, member information, a WPA Guide, and more. It also includes forums, a news aggregator, collaborative books, and other interactive features that will help members communicate with each other. Many thanks to Charlie Lowe, our consultant on this project, to the WPA Executive Board, and all others who contributed ideas to this effort in its early stages.
Registering at the Site
If you've received this message, that means your membership in the Council is current and that we have already created an account for you. To complete your registration, here's what you need to do:
1. Visit http://wpacouncil.org/user/password
2. Enter your email address in the "Username" box. The email address used to send you this message is the one you want to enter, and it is case sensitive: %username
3. Click on "Email New Password"; the system will generate a new password and send it to you.
4. Return to the site and log-in with your username (%username) and your new password.
5. Click on the "My Account" link that you see in the right-side column of links.
6. Select "Edit" from the tabs at the top of the My Account screen.
7. Change your username and password to whatever you'd like. Most people will want to use their name as the username.
8. You can complete other information in your profile. We have created a variety of options for including information about you, your writing program, and your scholarly or professional interests. Other WPA members will be able to access this information, but no anonymous users will be able to access any addresses or other private information in your account. For a sample, see mine: http://wpacouncil.org/user/3
Explore the site after you're signed in! Post some comments or announcements. Join a forum. Contact another member. Volunteer to join the Network for Media Action. If your membership is about to expire, you can renew that online, too.
--If you have questions, start with the FAQ node: http://wpacouncil.org/faq
--Post general questions about the Site Help and Discussion Forum: http://wpacouncil.org/forum/25
--Email me at email@example.com
WPA Web Developer