Position Announcement: Writing & Language Center Program Specialist, University of New Mexico
The University of New Mexico invites applications for the position of Program Specialist of the Writing & Language Center at the Center for Academic Program Support. (CAPS). CAPS, a nationally recognized student success program, is the learning & writing center at the University of New Mexico. Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, UNM is a large, research-oriented Institution focused on serving the culturally and linguistically diverse population of the region. The CAPS Writing and Language Center employs over 30 undergraduate and graduate peer tutors. The Center has a strong emphasis on multilingual writers, online tutoring, and tutors as facilitators of peer-to-peer interactions.
Reporting to the Associate Director of CAPS, the Program Specialist for the Writing & Language Center:
· Oversees operation of the CAPS Writing & Language Center
· Develops program innovations for existing Writing & Language Center
· Leads/Participates in campus-wide and national academic dialogues on composition studies, writing center theory and practice, and language learning
· Liaisons with campus communities to assess and meet writing/language needs and to form partnerships
· Hires and evaluates graduate and undergraduate writing and language tutors in accordance with larger vision of a multicultural, multi-service learning center
· Examines existing writing and language tutor training program and develops new training ideas
· Assesses Writing & Language Center effectiveness.
Qualified applicants from all underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. The University of New Mexico is committed to promoting and supporting the diversity of our campuses, and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to diversity through their teaching, research, and service. The University of New Mexico is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and educator.
For complete information including closing dates, minimum requirements, and instructions on how to apply, please visit our career website at http://unmjobs.unm.edu/. Please refer to Posting # 0825464. For questions please contact Anne Compton at email@example.com.
For best consideration completed applications should be received by June 18, 2014.