Special Purpose Faculty Positions, Radford University
Radford University’s Core A program is seeking three fulltime special purpose positions to start August 10, 2017. The primary responsibility will be to teach sophomore-level courses in our Core Curriculum. These courses integrate written and oral communication, critical and ethical thinking, and information literacy. The teaching load for this position is 5/4 (15 credit hours one semester, 12 credit hours the other semester.)
Radford University is a comprehensive, midsize public university situated in southwest Virginia. Its four-course Core A sequence for freshmen and sophomores is a skills oriented program committed to the development of mature, responsible, liberally educated citizens.
- Master’s degree, preferably in English, Communication, Philosophy, Library Science, or related fields, or equivalent graduate degree
- Experience teaching courses in at least one of the following: oral communication, written communication, critical and ethical thinking, information literacy, or application of these skills within a discipline
- At least one year teaching as instructor of record
- Strong record of teaching effectiveness
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced in application materials
- Ph.D. in English, Communication, Philosophy, Library Science, or related fields, or equivalent graduate degree
- Experience teaching courses that integrate two or more of the following: oral communication, written communication, critical and ethical thinking, information literacy, or application of these skills within a discipline
- Demonstrated familiarity with learner centered pedagogical practices
- Ability to function within a collaborative environment
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the program at http://www.radford.edu/content/core-curriculum/home.html and prepare their materials accordingly. Application deadline is December 1, 2016. Electronically submit materials to Dr. Susan Van Patten, Chair of the Search Committee at email@example.com. Submissions should include: cover letter with teaching philosophy; vita; three letters of reference which speak to your teaching; evidence of teaching effectiveness, such as student evaluations, syllabi, or assignment sheets; and transcripts of all college work.
Radford University is an EO/AA employer committed to diversity. All new hires to Radford University will be subject to E-Verify. E-Verify is administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, UCIS-Verification Division and the Social Security Administration and allows participating employers to electronically verify employment eligibility. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.