The University of Baltimore seeks an innovative leader at the rank of Professor or Associate Professor to direct the university expository writing program. The writing program is housed within the Yale Gordon College of Arts and Sciences’ Klein Family School of Communications Design. Successful candidates will demonstrate a sophisticated approach to writing in many forms and discourse communities, including digital writing technologies, and will show proven ability in curricular development, advocating with faculty for writing, and developing further the overall writing program within the university both intellectually and programmatically.
Qualifications include a terminal degree in writing studies or related field; a demonstrated record of scholarship, teaching, service, and administration appropriate for appointment as a full or associate professor in an academic program at UB; a demonstrated ability to work well with a diverse community of students and faculty; and a demonstrated familiarity, through teaching and/or publication, with contemporary pedagogical philosophies, strategies, and innovations in teaching, learning, and professional development.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
Coordinating writing courses, such as freshman composition, and the existing upper level required writing courses, including
- Syllabus development and revision
- Course scheduling
- Student placement
- Hiring, training, and evaluating new faculty and graduate assistants
- Managing program assessment
- Arbitrating grade disputes and other faculty and student grievances
- Facilitating writing across the curriculum:
- Organizing professional development for faculty across disciplines in collaboration with other offices on campus
- Assisting faculty with the development of learning modules based on assessable learning outcomes across teaching platforms (face to face, online, hybrid)
Application details at <http://www.ubalt.edu/about-ub/offices-and-services/human-resources/jobs-...