Lecturer in Rhetoric & Writing @ RIT
The University Writing Program at the Rochester Institute of Technology invites applications for a full-time lecturer position in Rhetoric and Writing (Composition) to begin late August 2018. This is renewable position, with a 4/4 teaching load, service in the University Writing Program, and a faculty appointment in the Department of English, College of Liberal Arts. Competitive salary with full-time benefits.
We are particularly interested in applications from candidates who, in addition to teaching 1st-year composition, have experience teaching in a variety of undergraduate writing courses (e.g., basic writing, technical writing, advanced composition), and the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to RIT’s commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences. Applicants who have experience working with undergraduate and/or graduate students in writing centers or writing labs are also strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Education
Required Minimum Qualifications
- MA in Rhetoric and Writing (Composition), or disciplines closely related to Rhetoric and Writing.
- 2 or more years of experience teaching post-secondary composition/first-year writing as the instructor of record
- Active professional development in Rhetoric and Writing
Required Minimum Education Level: MS, MA
To be considered for the position, submit a complete packet of materials to the RIT Career Zone that includes all of the following:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- One (1) page statement of your teaching philosophy
- Copy of a First Year Writing Syllabus used in your recent teaching
- One (1) page personal diversity statement describing your approach to cultural diversity, pluralism and individual difference in higher education contexts
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- Three references regarding your teaching ability and pedagogy, and their contact information
Materials are due to the committee by 1/1/2018. Review will begin immediately after the deadline. Incomplete packets will not be considered for review.
Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty, search openings, then Keyword Search: 3488BR.
Questions, contact search chair Amy Jamieson: firstname.lastname@example.org.